[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christian van Eeden" <christian at vaneeden dot ca>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem with PCMCIA Cards
 Date:  Wed, 05 May 2004 15:46:58 -0600
I have an IBM 365XD with two "Xircom CreditCard 10Base-T ``CreditCard
Ethernet Adapter IIps'' (PS-CE2-10)" cards. According to the FreeBSD
Hardware Compatibility Guide, they are supported, however when I boot
m0n0wall, and hookup the cards to the network, there is no link light on
either card.
From boot message I can see that the PC Card slots are being detected,
and that it says there are cards present on pcic0. However when it tries
to "Starting PC Cards..." it does don't detect anything (not sure if
this is normal). After boot is complete LAN -> sis0 and WAN -> sis1, and
if I try to re-assign it to xe0 or xe1 it says it's an Invalid
interface.

Any ideas?

Christian van Eeden
Technical Director