[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christian van Eeden" <christian at vaneeden dot ca>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: Problem with PCMCIA Cards
 Date:  Wed, 05 May 2004 17:29:10 -0600
I have found this:
-----------------------------
From :   	"M. G. (Michael) de Bruin" <mg dot debruin at buum dot
nl>
Subject :  	Re: [m0n0wall] PCMCIA Ethernet cards not supported?

What you could do pretty simple, is add the standard pccard.conf from a
FreeBSD install. You could either do this on-the-fly with exec.php and
then killing the pccard daemon, or you could build it into the image
itself.

For your comfort, I've put the /etc/default/pccard.conf for a standard
4.9-RELEASE online at http://dwaalspoor.org/pccard.conf.
------------------------------

Since I can't get remotely onto the machine (both NICs are not working)
I can't use exec.php. And I am not sure how to rebuild the image.
Are there instructions? I am using the generic-pc-1.0.
Is there someone out there who can build an image with the updated
pccard.conf without too much trouble? They can e-mail it too me (my box
is unlimited) and I can host the file for anyone else.

Thanks in advance,

Christian van Eeden
Technical Director
Infinite Bang Communications