[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andreas Gracco" <A dot Gr at ims dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  routing / icmp redirect
 Date:  Thu, 6 May 2004 14:10:12 +0200
Can somebody plz help me to solve this problem?

I have 2 Networks and 1 Internet Connection and 1 WAN connection to a big company's network!
I want to replace our cisco router with m0n0wall. The cisco works fine but it is to slow (WAN only
10Mbit/s), not easy to configure, not extendable and toooooo vulnerable!

Network diagram:

Internet

Proxy's

Big Company Network

Router X (I can't configure this)

Our Network 1

----------
|  WAN   |
|m0n0wall|
|  LAN   |
----------

Our Network 2

Sonicwall
 |	  |
DMZ   Internet

The Hosts in our Network 1 have configured m0n0wall as their default gateway.
On the m0n0wall i have Router X as default gateway on WAN and some static routes for DMZ/VPNs and so
on.
m0n0wall doesn't redirect tcp/udp connections incomming on the WAN interface to the responsible
router!
For example, if a host from "our network 1" wants to connect with telnet to a host in the "Big
Company Network" m0n0wall blocks the connection instead of redirecting it to "Router X"! Ping's are
redirected but tcp/udp connections are blocked!

any ideas?

thx