[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andreas Gracco" <A dot Gr at ims dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] routing / icmp redirect
 Date:  Fri, 7 May 2004 10:34:21 +0200
Hi, thanks for your answer...

> If I get it right m0n0wall is supposed to pass all Net1 traffic destined
> for Net2 - and redirect all other traffic to Router X?

Yes, exactly... and m0n0wall is also the default gateway for Net1 wich is on the WAN Port.

> Just to make sure: network 1 and 2 are both private networks right?
> ...and traffic from Net1 to Net2 (and vice versa) is passed OK, or what?
> Otherwise I would think that it's the standard anti-spoofing rule that
> blocks RFC1914 addresses on WAN (disable it on WAN)

No, network 1 and 2 are both with official Internet IP's (NAT is disabled), but they are
only reachable from the Big Company Network! The only Private Network is our DMZ
and some IP ranges in the Big Company Network! ...and yes, traffic from Net1 to Net2 (
and vice versa) is passed OK.

> Could you take a look in the firewall log and see which rule is blocking
> the traffic?
> Posting a log with spoofed IP-addresses would probably be helpful, if
> you're unsure about reading it yourself.

Yes, i go and install it again! But i can do this only in the evening, then i send the logs.

THX