[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phill R Kenoyer <phill at bmg50 dot com>
 To:  "Barry Murphy" <barry at unix dot co dot nz>
 Cc:  "''M0n0Wall' list'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: wi1 dies after +- 9 - 11 days
 Date:  Fri, 7 May 2004 06:48:15 -0700
On May 6, 2004, at 11:54 PM, Barry Murphy wrote:
> Have you attempted to upgrade to FBSD 5.X?
>
> If you have, could I have a copy of your image, I'm needing this for
> the
> atheos wireless ABG drivers. I'm playing with pebble at the moment
> which
> does support them, however with what you have mentioned I don't want
> the
> system to fall over.

Since I'm so busy with work, this is going to take a long time to
complete.  I've been working on it for about two months now.  So far I
have nothing to show for it.  I'm not up to speed on how exactly to do
it.  I'm doing tons of reading right now.

The project will probably be a stripped down m0n0wall distro.  AP's
don't need all the bells and whistles that are on m0n0wall.  I just
need simple interface bridging and simple routing to start.  I want to
include watchdog and scripts to detect problems.  I also want SSH on
the box so I can check up on it.  Remote logging would be good also.