[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John D. Sauvigne" <John at csihost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Outgoing UDP connection on port 69 - how?
 Date:  Fri, 07 May 2004 17:57:35 -0400
Hi,

I am receiving these log entries on my firewall which prevents my Cisco
ATA-186 from working with Voice Pulse:

17:51:42.400415 dc0 @200:2 p 209.204.98.67,4939 -> 209.42.xxx.xxx,38740
PR udp len 20 534 K-S IN

17:51:42.400489 dc0 @-1:-1 p 209.42.xxx.xxx -> 209.204.98.67 PR icmp len
20 56 icmp unreach/port for 209.204.98.67,4939 - 209.42.xxx.xxx,38740 PR
udp len 20 534 K-S OUT

Voice pulse says:

>>Thank you for contacting VoicePulse.
>>
>>This issue is due to a bug in the ATA which blocks incoming calls and dialtone if a TFTP fetch of
the config file fails.  While the ATA continues to retry downloading the file, it won't ring on
calls.  If you can setup your router/firewall to allow all TFTP traffic to the ATA, it should fix
the problem.

I have tried to allow port 69 but so far no luck. What rules do I need
to add to accomplish this?

Thanks,

John.