[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Shorkey" <eshorkey at commonpointservices dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WAN must have IP?
 Date:  Fri, 7 May 2004 23:16:29 -0400
Is there a way to setup the WAN connection to not have an IP address
assigned to it?
I'm currently using m0n0wall as a border firewall, so it's only function is
to run in bridging mode. I have 3 network cards in it, one for the wan side,
one for the production side (which is bridged with wan), and one for the
management network. We only have so many IP's to work with, and I think it's
rather kludgy to have to run 4 network cards just so I can avoid giving up
an IP to the wan port.

Any ideas?

-Eric