[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Shorkey" <eshorkey at commonpointservices dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] WAN must have IP?
 Date:  Sat, 8 May 2004 21:06:28 -0400
Sorry for the repost, but my original message got buried in another thread. Probably because I
replied to an existing thread instead of creating a new one. Oops. :( Anyway, here's the original
message.

Is there a way to setup the WAN connection to not have an IP address
assigned to it?
I'm currently using m0n0wall as a border firewall, so it's only function is
to run in bridging mode. I have 3 network cards in it, one for the wan side,
one for the production side (which is bridged with wan), and one for the
management network. We only have so many IP's to work with, and I think it's
rather kludgy to have to run 4 network cards just so I can avoid giving up
an IP to the wan port.

Any ideas?

-Eric