[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bryan Kohlstedt <bkrosco at earthlink dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Soekris Alternative
 Date:  Mon, 10 May 2004 09:25:57 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I'm looking into building two m0n0wall systems. I would like to use an embedded
or at least low power/noise solution. I'd like to find something like the Soekris
4801 but with more horsepower to make it a little more future proof. I realize that
for my situation, the 4801 is probably enough cpu for the application, however,
as the client's grow, they plan on implementing more vpn's etc.

So, I've been looking into other solutions. One that was recommended is here:
http://www.globalamericaninc.com/products_services/thin_client/1707598.php

It costs more (~$400) but has more processing power. I'm curious if anyone uses
something like this.

I would also be interested in a mini-itx solution that has a rackmount case. I'd
like to keep the price around $300 so the 4801 might be the best I can do.

Thanks for the input.

Bryan Kohlstedt