[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Federico Krum" <federico at thehost dot com dot ar>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how safe for a starter
 Date:  Sun, 9 May 2004 08:42:01 -0300
Hi

If you plan to use NAT to connect several pcs to an internet conection and
understand what a WAN, a LAN, and an IP network is, you are done ;o)
Even if you plan to do some if forwarding is easy.
If you are planning to do VPN, Bridgeing, Filtering by ports, IPs or
networks or Traffic shapping, it requires a little more knoledge than an
"out of the box" solution, but is not impossible.

Good luck !!

Fede