[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Martin Holst" <mail at martinh dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  Small bug: NAT rules with optional interfaces
 Date:  Mon, 10 May 2004 21:01:43 +0200
Hi Manuel.

Latest betas include the possibility to use OPT-interfaces as extra
WAN-interfaces (under "Advanced outbound NAT").
You can choose OPT interfaces when creating NAT-rules - however the
drop-down menu "External address" only lets you choose WAN-address or
predefined addresses from "Server NAT".
Shouldn't the menu include OPTx-address?

And a suggestion as well: Since OPT-interfaces can be used as
WAN-interfaces, how about including WAN connectivity options on OPT
configuration pages? (PPPoE, DHCP etc.)
You could use have a check box named "Use as WAN" enabling all the extra
connectivity options.

Thanks again for the effort.
The latest "captive portal" development seems VERY promising -
especially with the option to use it as a full-blown authentication
proxy w. RADIUS coming up ;o)
..and also; I never followed up on you MSS-fix up.
It works flawlessly on my setup - so thanks for that as well.

Best regards

Martin Holst