[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chet Harvey" <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  "Bryan Kohlstedt" <bkrosco at earthlink dot net>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch"
 Subject:  Rv: [m0n0wall] Soekris Alternative
 Date:  Mon, 10 May 2004 15:20:01 -0100
I have 2 of the
http://www.globalamericaninc.com/products_services/thin_client/1707594.php

(not from them, too expensive)

Anyway, I personally would look at price of soekris and vpn module vs growth
over next year. How many clients and VPNs are we talking about here? 50 to
100 clients and 25 VPN's or so, a net4801-50 w/ vpn1411 would do the trick.
Maybe you could do two net4501-30's. One for regular traffic and one for VPN
only. Thats $400 (roughly) and you should have plenty of horsepower.....

Also you can segment you VPN traffic out very nicely.

FYI - those VIA boards are not as fast as you may think. They are at best
Ok, IMHO.