[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Isaak <misaak at inflow dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  generic-pc-1.0.img and disk geometry
 Date:  Sun, 9 May 2004 11:42:48 -0600
Greetings.

I follow instructions on how to install m0n0wall to HDD.  Afterwards, the
install process causes my BIOS to report my HDD capacity
as 8.45Gb instead of the full 20Gb (somehow, my HDD disk geometry gets
altered).  Has anyone else had this problem?

I am aware that the image is intended for small HDD or Compact Flash
cards - is this problem by design?  I only have a 20Gb HDD to install
on...

Funny, when I use fdisk to delete the non-dos partion (created by above
process), my BIOS reports my HDD capacity as 20Gb again.

Strange.