[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  Martin Holst <mail at martinh dot dk>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Small bug: NAT rules with optional interfaces
 Date:  Tue, 11 May 2004 12:53:23 +0800 (MYT)
On Mon, 10 May 2004, Manuel Kasper wrote:

> also raise questions like what happens if you have two default gateways,
> and so on. So no, this is not going to happen.

i have the multipath routing patches to freebsd, which in conjuction with
BGP, would allow you to multihome a freebsd box. at the same time, i'm
investigating using ipnat to load balance outgoing/incoming traffic over
two DSL links. i know the discussion about whether m0n0wall is a router or
a firewall has been beaten to death here, but with the increasing
prolificness of DSL (and it's cheap cost), i would think that this will
soon become a requirement.