[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Adam Nellemann" <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: Rv: RE: [m0n0wall] Soekris Alternative
 Date:  Tue, 11 May 2004 08:53:45 -0700
Price is always the issue...

I think that if we do set up a links system, we should include in the
description a ballpark USD priced config to keep EVERYONE from having to
contact each site directly...

I've got a mini-itx sized P4 Celeron system, but it only has one NIC (has a
PCI slot though)... for someone that needs more power (it ain't fanless!) it
would be a good sized option - even built mounting brackets for it so I can
put it up on the wall. Looking for cheap CF-IDE systems now (I keep seeing
converter boards priced more than a hard drive!). Can take from 128MB to
512MB...

Comes in about the same price with 2.4G processor, 20GB harddisk and 256MB
ram. 8" x 8" x 3" roughly...

Bugs me to have to pay the same for one quarter of the power or less!

m/