[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IMAP firewalled or..?
 Date:  Tue, 11 May 2004 22:16:04 +0200
Hi,

I found a couple of entries like this in my firewall log:

22:03:13.642477 dc0 @0:19 b x.x.x.x,143 -> y.y.y.y,6002 PR tcp len 20
76 -AFP IN

(Where x.x.x.x is the IP of my IMAP server and y.y.y.y is my static IP
at home, which is NAT'ed)

Now, it seems that 143 is the IMAP proto, and I'm not aware of
blocking this, and my IMAP client appear to be working (although it
has always been strangly slow to, but mainly when sending which is
SMTP?) Anyone know why this shows up in the log?

Thanks,

Adam.