[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Murphy" <barry at unix dot co dot nz>
 To:  "'Phill R Kenoyer'" <phill at bmg50 dot com>, "'John Voigt'" <megeek at jvoigt dot com>
 Cc:  "''M0n0Wall' list'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: wi1 dies after +- 9 - 11 days
 Date:  Wed, 12 May 2004 13:01:58 +1200
Howdy,

I don't think this bug is related to power saver, when checking my logs,
I wouldn't have had any dhcp request for 2 hours or so and my logs only
relate to wi_seek timeouts. As of the weekend to come I will be using
wifibsd.org which is bsd 5.X with athero's drivers on a net4521.

All my previous problems have been on a generic pc p100 with 64megs ram.
I still haven't worked out why I cant do a reboot from the GUI (it gets
stuck at si1 during dmesg) so I did a boot -v. It seems to have been
getting stuck on some PnP lookup sequence only showed in boot -v. I have
taken the unit home with me and tried just about everything in the bios,
I have swapped the pci slots it uses, everything I could thinkup, though
to no avail. I will be getting another P200 this week which has the
option of disabling PnP from the bios, so we will see if this helps.

I'm still puzzled and angry that the systems hostap device crash's, need
to find the cause or I can't sell internet access to neighbours.

If anyone has any idea's or knows for sure that this bug is fixed in
FBSD 5.X please advise.

Thanks
Barry