[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Grimm" <jason dot grimm at freedomlink dot net>
 To:  "John Andrunas" <andrunas at treyarch dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris 4501
 Date:  Wed, 12 May 2004 15:34:59 -0400
I'm using the 4521 and will be using the 4526 in the future, so I'm not
currently exploring the PCI possibilities.

However, If I'm correct in assuming the MA311 is a pci cradle?  If so, the
cradle will probably do 3.3v or 5v, however the pcmcia cards themselves may
require 5v, I know the newer ones do and all the high-end / commercial 200mw
and 300mw stuff I use does.  Some of the older, low-power, or consumer class
cards require only 3.3v.  In reading another reply to this email it sounds
like the card in question is a D-Link.  I tried the 650, pcmcia version of
this card, and was disappointed to find that I had gotten the wrong version
of the chipset.  It appears that some of the D-Link cards are based on the
realtek chipset, which does not work, and the others must be based on some
other compatible chipset, maybe agere or prism?  At any rate, good luck, I'm
curious to find out how it turns out.

~J