[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  rjspence <rjspence at tampabay dot rr dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Mono Natting? Could use some assistance.
 Date:  Wed, 12 May 2004 17:44:08 -0400

I'm having an issue. I have a monowall as a perimeter firewall and a server
behind it. The servers IP's are internal IP's. I have cable modem connection
dhcp. How would I NAT the internal server's IP's (172.16.X.X) to the outside?

At the moment I have port 80 working using a domain name and can view it from
an outside "view your web page" site. But when you
click on the links, they show the internal IP addressing.

I have dns forwarding enabled.
I have one rule that sends port 80 to the internal ip.

Any solutions would be helpful. Dedictated IP's and a Pix are easy.
This is racking my brain.

Next question would be how to view your dot.com from another internal network?
It's viewable by IP. Not by domain.

Thank you,