[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  rjspence <rjspence at tampabay dot rr dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Mono Natting? Could use some assistance.
 Date:  Wed, 12 May 2004 17:44:08 -0400
Hello,

I'm having an issue. I have a monowall as a perimeter firewall and a server
behind it. The servers IP's are internal IP's. I have cable modem connection
dhcp. How would I NAT the internal server's IP's (172.16.X.X) to the outside?

At the moment I have port 80 working using a domain name and can view it from
an outside "view your web page" site. But when you
click on the links, they show the internal IP addressing.

I have dns forwarding enabled.
I have one rule that sends port 80 to the internal ip.

Any solutions would be helpful. Dedictated IP's and a Pix are easy.
This is racking my brain.

Next question would be how to view your dot.com from another internal network?
It's viewable by IP. Not by domain.

Thank you,
rjspence