[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bryan Kohlstedt <bkrosco at earthlink dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Help With Rules
 Date:  Wed, 12 May 2004 16:39:52 -0700 (PDT)
I apologize in advance for this simple question. I want to make sure I'm doing things properly.

First of all, I need to learn how to forward a port. Here's what I need 1 tcp and 1 udp forwarded
from my wan to a ip on my lan. Lets say is tcp 1088 and udp 1088. Could someone please let me know
how to do this.

The other thing I need to know is how to pass all http traffic to a host either in my lan or dmz. I
know you can't just forward port 80 as it could be on a different port. So, how do you tell it what
port to forward?

Finally, could someone let me know the best way to set up a ftp server behind a m0n0wall? I've seen
conflicting stories as to whether passive or active is better.

Thanks again. I've seen a howto article on m0n0wall that was well written. Unfortuneatly, it was
just the basic setup. I'd love to see a doc with example on how to do the more advanced setup of the
m0n0. It's a bit more difficult for me than the sonicwalls I'm used to dealing with.

Thanks,
Bryan