[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com>
 To:  <jason dot grimm at freedomlink dot net>, <fester54 at hotmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] vmware
 Date:  Thu, 13 May 2004 11:26:16 +0300

well if you are booting of the CD image then you are not using the Virtual hard disks

> 2. Set the vm to boot off the .iso (was able to do this)
> 2. Set the floppy to be some bogus image file and format it
> with nothing on it (didn't think to try this)

what i did was connect the image to a MS-W2K-Pro VM, and format it using that (not sure just how
many reboots of VM's i needed to do though :)

> I only have one mini-pci intel laptop nic that has the
> virtual nic driver,
> however, when I assign this to the VM I can't get the lan
> interface pingable
> by the local machine or any other machine.  I think maybe
> I'll switch back
> to vmware and try my luck with that.

when i set mine up as i was using "Host only" for the virtual NICs, i set some rules to allow
everything to pass everywhere.
Once i had everything working i deleted these rules and put in proper ones :)

> Lastly, can anyone think of a way
> to flash a virtual hard disk (.vhd) with the generic m0n0wall.img?

Build a FreeBSD/Linux VM, copy the m0n0 img into it, attach the .vhd to this VM, and use dd to write
it, detatch .vhd, attach to m0n0 VM, would be how i would attempt it.

HTH
mike