[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall version 1.1b7
 Date:  Fri, 14 May 2004 00:52:29 +0800 (MYT)
On Thu, 13 May 2004, David Rodgers wrote:

> How about an authentication option that can be enabled for the portal to
> allow you to controls users via a radius server? Just a click box that
> adds a userid and password field to the aup form and uses radius
> authentication.

since manuel's release of the captive portal functionality in 1.1b7, i've
submitted patches to manuel for the addition of pass thru macs and allowed
destination ip addresses for the captive portal.

pass thru macs are a table of mac addresses which are always allowed
access without being taken to the portal page or being authenticated.
allowed ip addresses are hosts which clients behind the m0n0wall are
allowed to access without being taken to the portal page.

i'm now looking at implementing exactly what you say above, to allow the
user to authenticate against a radius server using the radius protocol. i
doubt i could finish this by this weekend, but rest assured that once i am
done, i'll submit the patches to manuel and he can then place it in his
next release.