[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall version 1.1b7
 Date:  Thu, 13 May 2004 20:54:40 +0200
David Rodgers wrote:

> Excellent!
>
> The easy question next ... and maybe I am just unclear in reading. Will you be
> able to use say a optional port for your captive portal and another port for
> the lan? I guess I am curious wether you can assign the port the captive
> portal functions on or whether it has to be the default lan port?

Yes, you can freely choose which interface (with the exception of WAN
of course) you whish to run the captive portal on. However, currently
it is only possible to run a portal on one interface (not that I know
why anyone would want to run more than one captive portal on a single
firewall?)

 From this question I assume you aren't currently running m0n0wall (or
at least not the latest beta). I would suggest you grab the CD-ROM
version of the beta and take a look at the captive portal
configuration yourself (using the CD image, you can run m0n0wall on
any PC with no risk of anything happening to the stuff on your
harddisks, it will only use the CD and floppy drive!)

> I wasn't really kean on this at first but I think it could have some rather
> exciting applications.

Yes, it rather does, doesn't it. I certainly don't have any need for
it, but even so I find myself searching for an excuse to use this
feature ;)

Regards,

Adam.