[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com>
 To:  <fester54 at hotmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] vmware
 Date:  Wed, 12 May 2004 12:15:53 +0300

couple of things, you don't need the Hard disk.
Set it up (in the VM machine bios) to boot from CD (use the ISO image)
I also set the floppy to be an image rather than real hardware. You will need to connect this image
to some other VM machine to format it BEFORE using it with the m0n0 image. From the error message
this might be the problem you are experienceing

I had it set up with 5 nics (i recently need to re-build the W2K host OS and have not got round to
re-installing VMWare yet).

Worked REALLY well

HTH
mike