[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chet Harvey" <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  "Henning Petersen Wangerin" <m0n0wall at hpc dot dk>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch"
 Subject:  Rv: Re: [m0n0wall] Problem detecting netcard
 Date:  Fri, 14 May 2004 11:05:27 -0100
That is the Myson MTD803F chipset (Surecom). Probably whats happening is
m0n0wall (freebsd) supports that card(s) because it is a National
Semiconductor DS8390-based Ethernet NIC using driver ed4. Since
m0n0wall(freebsd) probably doesnt support the other one (typeA), it assigns
the two Surecom's (typeB) as eth0 and eth1

What chipset is the normal eth0 in linux,I bet that one is not supported.

If you run dmesg on the linux box, what chipset does it see eth0 as?