[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Hertz" <term at cynisk dot net>
 To:  "'Falcor'" <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Anyone install m0n0wall on a SUN yet?
 Date:  Fri, 14 May 2004 18:19:23 +0200
Hello there,

I personally doubt that it would be worth your while, considering you would
have to recompile/replace all the binaries on the m0n0wall distribution.
Besides, the fastest Sparc10 is running at 50MHz (the slowest is 25MHz I
think). That is probably not enough horsepower to make a useful firewall,
even if regular outbound NAT probably works ok at DSL speeds.

Just my 0.02?

// Thomas Hertz