[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "J. James" <icewalker at hotpop dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  Paul Phillips <paul at partitura dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Proxy ARP (working, but not on production environment)
 Date:  Fri, 14 May 2004 23:36:04 +0300
Hi

> I don't know whether or not this is an issue with your ISP arp cache.
> However, when I did a firewall machine upgrade, I called my ISP and they
> flushed the arp cache manually.  This was a Very Good Thing - without
> it, I would have had to wait hours...
>
> It can be done, if they are helpful.

My ISP said that proxy ARP was disabled in their Cisco router. They
enabled it and after waiting appx. 3 hours everything seems to work now. I
was just that it is a production environment and waiting for 3 hour seems
too long...

But this brings the question whether or not you should also be able to use
"real IP addresses" instead of proxy arping. Manuel: is there a reason why
you couldn't have both possibilities?