[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Grimm" <jason dot grimm at freedomlink dot net>
 To:  <EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com>, <fester54 at hotmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] vmware
 Date:  Wed, 12 May 2004 11:14:02 -0400
I had the same error with connectix vm software (now M$ virtual PC 2004).
So, if I understand correctly I should:

1. Disable the hard disks (haven't tried this)
2. Set the vm to boot off the .iso (was able to do this)
2. Set the floppy to be some bogus image file and format it with nothing on
it (didn't think to try this)

I only have one mini-pci intel laptop nic that has the virtual nic driver,
however, when I assign this to the VM I can't get the lan interface pingable
by the local machine or any other machine.  I think maybe I'll switch back
to vmware and try my luck with that.  Also, I'm kind of new to bsd, does bsd
have something like usermode linux that I could use to setup my dev
environments there w/o using a M$ host?  Lastly, can anyone think of a way
to flash a virtual hard disk (.vhd) with the generic m0n0wall.img?

Thanks,

Jason