[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  rjspence <rjspence at tampabay dot rr dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Host/Network Aliases .... Pretty Please
 Date:  Fri, 14 May 2004 18:12:50 -0400
On Friday 14 May 2004 05:26 pm, Hilton Travis wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 01:03, David Rodgers wrote:
> > On Friday 14 May 2004 08:34, you wrote:
> > > Heavy duty enterprise ... lol ...  i think u never saw a real firewall
> > > ... a firewall is not a packetfilter  ... a firewall is a system with a
> > > lot of components and m0n0wall is far away from this ...

This is hogwash. I'm pretty good with a Cisco Pix and I wouldn't trade my new
found monowall router for it anyday.

> > I'm sorry but I disagree completely. M0n0wall is not far away from this.
> > In fact in it's existing state it is not very different from the
> > checkpoint and netscreen boxes that I have to work with every day.
> >
> > <much snippage>
>
> The guy is a troll.  Let trolls do what they do best - get ignored, then
> slink away to die somewhere else.

Troll or not, I would love to ask why he feels monowall is a far cry from
a heavy duty enterprise firewall/router. I'll tell you now I wouldn't replace
what I have with the 515 again.

Best Regards.
Rjspence