[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <rjspence at tampabay dot rr dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How do you do this?
 Date:  Fri, 14 May 2004 21:14:38 -0400
Edit your local machines hosts file and add entries for:
mydomain.com 	192.168.X.1
Myotherdomain.com	192.168.X.2

The only problem with this is that for a large organization with many
machines, it needs to be done on every machine. For developer testing on a
few machines it is not a bad solution. It could also be done with an
internal DNS zone I believe but a small home network is not likely to have
an internal DNS server.

Dave