[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christian Nyegaard" <christian at nyegaard dot net>
 To:  <rjspence at tampabay dot rr dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How do you do this?
 Date:  Sat, 15 May 2004 04:32:04 +0200
This presumes the following:

A) You are using the DHCP server function of the m0n0
B) You have enabled the DNS Forwarder

If you only have done B, you need to set your lan pc's up
To use you m0n0's IP as their primary DNS server.

Either way;

When you add an override it will look like this:

Host	Domain	IP
Test	domain.com	192.168.0.123

When you query your m0n0's dns forwarder for test.domain.com,
It'll return 192.168.0.123. Example:

C:\>nslookup test.domain.com
Server:  gatekeeper.*********.net
Address:  192.168.0.1

Name:    test.domain.com
Address:  192.168.0.123

Say you have your mail server in a DMZ with the IP 192.168.1.2
And it's called mail.fubar.foo.

You should then enter mail as host, foobar.foo as domain
And 192.168.1.2 as the ip adress.

Mvh.,
Christian Nyegaard mailto:christian at nyegaard dot net