[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <rjspence at tampabay dot rr dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How do you do this?
 Date:  Fri, 14 May 2004 22:48:22 -0400
"Register DHCP lease" only resolves the hostname of the box, ie:
http//webserver if you check it and only if the webserver gets it's ip from
dhcp. Good for dns resolution by machine name but not too helpful when
multiple domains are on the same box.
If you click the arrow to add a new override, you basically get a page that
makes the host file like on your machine except that it stays on the
monowall. In the four places on the override page, Host = www, Domain =
mydomain.com, IP Address = 192.168.X.1, and a description.
Without this, your request for mydomain.com needs to go out to an external
server and then get routed back to where it came from, ie: the monowall.
This is not allowed as someone could spoof your internal ip from the outside
and compromise your network.