[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.1b7 bug
 Date:  Sun, 16 May 2004 09:24:42 +1000
Hi All,

I have spent WAY too long trying to get a Dynalink RTA100 ADSL
modem/router to do what it is supposed to, but the interface is worse to
nevigate than IOS is for a blind person.

And as I was doing this - getting frustrated at this POS unit - I found
a bug (methinks) with m0n0wall 1.1b7.

I managed to get the Dynalink POS to not act as a DHCP Server, and was
going to assign a static IP to the m0n0wall that is protecting the
internal network from this POS Dynalink unit.  Unfortunately, m0n0wall
1.1b7 cannot work with a "static" WAN connection if you need only a
single IP - the maximum subnet is a /31, which isn't quite big enough -
I needed a /32.  With the m0n0wall set to 192.168.1.254/31, it failed to
communicate with the Dynalink POS that was set to 192.168.1.1/32.

anyone else seen this, or a workaround?

In the meantime, I had to leave the Dynalink POS running as a DHCP
Server so the m0n0wall could obtain an IP vis dhcp.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                   Phone: +61 (0)7 3343 3889
Manager, Quark IT               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
         Quark AudioVisual      http://www.QuarkAV.net
(Brisbane, Australia)           http://www.QuarkIT.com.au

Open Source Projects:           http://www.ares-desktop.org/
                                http://www.mamboband.org/

Specializing in IT Solutions for Small to Medium Enterprises
  Network Design, Administration, Security and Maintenance
     m0n0wall and SmoothWall Firewalls, NOD32 AntiVirus

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/