[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Forward same port to severl computers
 Date:  Sun, 16 May 2004 10:30:45 -0400 (EDT)
>> How to forward for ex. port 113 to both a computer at the DMZ network
>> and to a computer on the LAN
>> Now it works just to a computer at LAN network, and I need to enable it
>> on the DMZ too

> You cannot do this.  This is not a m0n0wall limitation, but it is a
> function of the TCP protocol that is impossible to achieve.

The above is true, but I think it's worth asking Christian
a question - what did you mean to do?

I have a setup at home, where I can ssh to my firewall (port 22),
or I can ssh to my server, which is inside the firewall, on the LAN.

I have a rule that says
"Port 9022 forwarded to port 22 on Walix"
(It's a WalMart with Linux :-)

This is helpful for different things.
I can load a friend's ssh keys on my server, and they
"go through" the firewall without stopping to pay a toll.
If my firewall has problems (like runs out of ttys),
there's a good chance the kernel's routing rules will
still work, and I can get inside.

<Grain Of Salt> Note, I just downloaded m0n0wall, so I don't know
how to do this with m0n0wall, but I am sure it is easy.</Grain>

Seth