[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Advanced traffic shaping
 Date:  Sun, 16 May 2004 21:52:27 +0200
Hi,

Sounds very interresting, these advanced shapings you are both doing!

Could you perhaps clarify some issues for us newbie/wannabe shapers:

- How do you "reinject" packets? (I assume this can't be done through
the webGUI? I further assume that "reinject" means "send through
several queues/pipes"?)

- Could you please specify your heigh weight rules (I think I've got
the ACKs down, but I'm unsure about DNS?)

- I'm currently rejecting (not blocking) incomming SYN packets, is
this wrong? (I was told this might improve performance in some
circumstances?)

Any further info about how to do various advanced shaper stuff will
also be appreciated :)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Adam.