[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall feature?
 Date:  Sun, 16 May 2004 19:45:38 -0400 (EDT)
I finally had time to make a CF and try m0n0wall.
Looks great...though I am getting into it slowly.

I noticed one thing, trying to verify
configuration from the serial connection,
I noticed
a) no security - helpful if you run a SOE (serial over eth)
from a customer's roof down into their backyard.

b) I wanted to check settings / assignment of
ports and IP's, withoug changing anyhing...
can't do that.

c) Can https: and http: BOTH be enabled for GUI?
(maybe it is, but I wasn't sure from the setup screen)
From the LAN, I would save the lousy character.
From the WAN, I would use secure...
(Maybe it could be specified as required per interface, eg wi0, etc.

I'm sure I'll have other questions ...

Thanks
Seth