[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Advanced traffic shaping
 Date:  Mon, 17 May 2004 08:41:55 +0200
Hi,

First of all, thanks for posting additional info about those
ACK/SYN/DNS rules!

Thomas Hertz wrote:
> You can use the http://<m0n0wall ip>/exec.php interface to run any command,
> like ipfw. It's pretty handy to add rules manually, though I haven't thought
> of a way to make them apply after a reboot.

It is possible to add cmd. lines to config.xml, that will be executed
at startup (but unfortunatly I don't remember the syntax for doing
this, hopefully this can be found in the archive?)

This having been said, I'd personally like to see the shaper interface
allowing more of this advanced stuff. In particular I'd like the
option to enable multi-pass (one-pass=0) as well as support for
re-injection in the webGUI. But I understand that maybe Manuel had
good reasons for disallowing this? (If so, could someone please
elaborate on this?)

Also, I too would like to see some kind of inspection/verification for
the shaper. If it is really the case that this can be done through the
cmd. line with the stuff already in m0n0wall, might this be put on a
diagnostic page in the webGUI?

Adam.