[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Thomas Hertz <term at cynisk dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Advanced traffic shaping
 Date:  Mon, 17 May 2004 14:44:58 +0800 (MYT)
On Mon, 17 May 2004, Thomas Hertz wrote:

> You can use the http://<m0n0wall ip>/exec.php interface to run any
> command, like ipfw. It's pretty handy to add rules manually, though I
> haven't thought of a way to make them apply after a reboot.

the config.xml has allowance for repeatable xml tags of
execute the given shell command. however, do note that in the respect of
net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass, it is only run _after_ traffic shaper has been
configured. so, though you may have a shell command reversing the one_pass
setting, the next enable/disable phase of the traffic shaper will set it
back to 1 again.

however, if you have the <shellcmd> set, and then turn on traffic shaping,
a reboot will make sure that your shellcmd is run after the shaper is
configured (and one_pass set to 1).