[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Lindh" <davidlindh at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  NAT question: Force using same port
 Date:  Mon, 17 May 2004 12:11:27 +0200
Hi!

Tried searching the list, however didn't find the answer to this probably simple question

This illustrates a packet being sent from my SIP-telephone box and then returned from the SIP server

    LAN                                                                WAN

IP telephone box ------------>M0n0wall--------------->IP-telephone server
                        port 5060                port 2052

IP telephone box               M0n0wall<---------------IP-telephone server
                                                    port 2052

As you can see m0n0wall automatically changes the port 5060 to 2052, and therefore when the answer
is sent back it is on port 2052, not on port 5060 which my telephone box is listening on. I don't
like the solution mapping port 2052 to 5060, however it works. Can I force m0n0wall to not change
the port number when sending out to WAN?

Thanks in advance!
David