[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christian Nyegaard" <christian at nyegaard dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Unable to filter out IGMP based on source or desination.. Bug?
 Date:  Mon, 17 May 2004 15:27:47 +0200
Hi again,

I get these:

15:20:17.987293 ep0 @0:3 b 217.8.XXX.XX -> 239.255.255.250 PR igmp len 24
(32) IN
&
15:18:57.532699 ep0 @0:3 b 217.8.XXX.XXX -> 239.255.255.250 PR igmp len 24
(32) IN

All the time. Only from 2 source ip's so I figured I could just make a rule
blocking these
Two ip's without logging anything. Still shows up as you can see.

The rules are:

@8 block in quick from 217.8.XXX.XX/32 to any group 200
@9 block in quick from 217.8.XXX.XXX/32 to any group 200

I also tried to do something else, block anything with destination
239.0.0.0/8
But that didn't work any better either. Used any as source, any protocol and
On the WAN interface.

Am I missing something here or is there some sort of bug causing this? I've
allready
Blocked out without loging anything going into ports 138 and 139, this works
Without a hitch.

Mvh.,
Christian Nyegaard mailto:christian at nyegaard dot net