[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Widde" <widdde at telia dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problems with traffic shaping..
 Date:  Tue, 18 May 2004 12:32:52 +0200
Hi!
I have serious problems with traffic shaping.
I have an 8Mbps connection and I have 4 computers in my home network.
I want to limit the downstream to 512Kbit on one of the computers.
I have tried this configuration:

Pipe:
No.1
Bandwidth: 512Kbit/s
Delay: 0
Mask: Destination

Rules:
Target: Pipe1
Interface: Lan
Protocol: any
Destination: 192.168.149.45
Direction: any

This config is successfull for about 5 seconds.. I can download stuff in 60kB/s (512Kbit/s) in about
5 seconds, after that the download goes down to 0 (zero). Why?
If i disable the traffic shaping, I can download in 850kB/s and no failure to download. BUT I want
to limit the bandwith on the computer to 512Kbit/s.
No problems to surf but when I download other stuff I get these problems :(
What can I do about it?