[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <mono at centrum dot sk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem with booting generic-pc.img.
 Date:  Wed, 19 May 2004 21:40:22 +0200
Hi,
I have a old PCs  HP KAYAK.XA.6/266 with 64MB RAM and 4,3GB or 3,4GB HDD. Type - D4796N.
I use physdiskwrite to write PC image onto HDD on various new PC under Windows XP. When i try
booting that HDD on KAYAK, then i get message READ ERROR.And don`t boot. I trayed change into BIOS
setup DOS/WIN or OTHER under HDD configuration,Still don`t work.
When I place the some HDD with MONO burned onto HDD to another PC - forexample old COMPAQ or on any
new PC, MONOWALL booting ok.
Can anybody help me. I will tray versions 1.1, 1.7 and 1.8.
I bought four that KAYAKs as routers for monowall an i`m in the hell now.
I don`t want boot from CDROM with writing to floppy disk !!!!
I need bootinh from HDD.

Thanks.
Robo.K>