[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Arturas Satkovskis" <arsatk at delfi dot lt>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] MAC filtering in firewall rules
 Date:  Wed, 19 May 2004 23:37:55 +0300
I am also much interested in MAC filtering as we run WiFi infrastructure
throug client bridges, where bridges substitute MAC of host behind it with
its own. Users have no chance to manipulate the final MAC address of their
packets (or at least I think so :).

Actually ipfw according to the man page could filter according to
source/destination MAC
Wouldn't it be reasonable to simply advance GUI to allow filtering according
to  dst-mac/src-mac

Regards,

Arturas