I finally got my m0n0wall to be reachable from the LAN.
(seems when I was working on installing it, I changed
from POE to wall-wart, plugging it into the outlet on the
overhead light in the attic. You can guess why I couldn't
ping the m0n0wall from my lab in the basement.... :-)
Now, I can ping from 10.248...so, now I can ask questions...
1) I have ssh access to the 10.248...so I could ssh
to the m0n0wall. Will it accept the connection, and
could I make changes from there? (I see that it is refused)
2) can I manage m0n0wall from lynx (text browser)?
Of course, I set up m0n0wall to use https,
so I need to get something with https support.
3) Will m0n0wall allow https: from the WAN?
Is that a question of setting up the rules?
4) It appears by default that LAN-->WAN is not
open (but maybe I just set it up wrong).
Does anyone have simple rules for opening?
...I think someone mentioned some automated set-up,
but I didn't see it in my brief time working on it.
5) If all or some of the above are in the archive,
please forgive me - and let me know -