[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  questions, questions
 Date:  Thu, 20 May 2004 09:32:08 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,
I finally got my m0n0wall to be reachable from the LAN.
(seems when I was working on installing it, I changed
from POE to wall-wart, plugging it into the outlet on the
overhead light in the attic.  You can guess why I couldn't
ping the m0n0wall from my lab in the basement.... :-)

Now, I can ping from 10.248...so, now I can ask questions...

1) I have ssh access to the 10.248...so I could ssh
to the m0n0wall.  Will it accept the connection, and
could I make changes from there?  (I see that it is refused)

2) can I manage m0n0wall from lynx (text browser)?
Of course, I set up m0n0wall to use https,
so I need to get something with https support.

3) Will m0n0wall allow https: from the WAN?
Is that a question of setting up the rules?

4) It appears by default that LAN-->WAN is not
open (but maybe I just set it up wrong).
Does anyone have simple rules for opening?
...I think someone mentioned some automated set-up,
but I didn't see it in my brief time working on it.

5) If all or some of the above are in the archive,
please forgive me - and let me know -

Thanks
Seth