[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  "'seth at pachai dot net'" <seth at pachai dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] questions, questions
 Date:  Thu, 20 May 2004 15:36:15 +0100

m0n0wall can only be administered from a web browser after any intial setup
via the console, there is no shell access, telnet or ssh.

>2) can I manage m0n0wall from lynx (text browser)?
>Of course, I set up m0n0wall to use https,
>so I need to get something with https support.

I have no experience of Lynx. Assuming Lynx has the https support you need,
it wouldn't do any harm to have a go.

>3) Will m0n0wall allow https: from the WAN?
>Is that a question of setting up the rules?

Yep, just create the appropriate rules to allow access to port 443 on your
WAN interface.

>4) It appears by default that LAN-->WAN is not
>open (but maybe I just set it up wrong).
>Does anyone have simple rules for opening?
>...I think someone mentioned some automated set-up,
>but I didn't see it in my brief time working on it.

By default access LAN -> WAN is allowed, WAN -> LAN is. You should see a
firewall rule allowing any:any on the LAN interface to any:any on any other
interface

Could you have your WAN & LAN connections mixed up? You don't mention the
platform you are using, but m0n0wall on the Soekris net4501 defaults to the
LAN interface on the far right next to the power socket, by default the WAN
interface is the middle.

>5) If all or some of the above are in the archive,
>please forgive me - and let me know -

No doubt most of this is in the archive somewhere, but you should find
members of the list a fairly accomodating group.

David Cook

JET PRESS LIMITED
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HW
UK

Web:	www.jetpress.com
Tel:	+44-1623-551 800
Fax: 	+44-1623-551 175

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential.  The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JET PRESS LIMITED.