[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Hertz" <term at cynisk dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Forwarding Broadcast Traffic (was Multicast)
 Date:  Thu, 20 May 2004 21:26:17 +0200
Hello Ryan,

The short answer is no. Broadcasts are not routable. There are some hacks
around to make them routable though, but this is generally a bad idea. I'm
not quite sure what you are trying to do though, do you want to netboot the
clients on your /24 net from the mac box? Then it's probably not that hard
to hand out the appropriate options from the m0n0wall dhcp server.

// Thomas Hertz