[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Server Load Balancing
 Date:  Fri, 21 May 2004 15:36:48 -0500
I know this is reaching but how tough would it be to add something like
this (read like not nec adding this) to m0n0.

The purpose would be to be able to stick say 5 machines running http or
pop3/smtp on the dmz port of a m0n0 box and have it balance the traffic
to them as though they were a single server (think cisco localdirector
or lvs only more simple)

I could really see something like this coming in handy in a small
embedded device that could run from CF... but I may also be the only
one.

David Rodgers