[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, Chet Harvey <sales at pittech dot com>
 Subject:  Re: Rv: [m0n0wall] Server Load Balancing
 Date:  Fri, 21 May 2004 18:21:17 -0500
I would like to see something that looks and works exactly like monowall
that does this. Not something that would be functioning as my primary
firewall but as a seperate device. I know what you are saying but then
who would have a captive portal that functions as their primary firewall
either and there is support for it now.

For a load balancing appliance you already need all of the things that
m0n0wall does like traffic shaping, nat, firewalling and in some cases
dhcp so it just makes sense to just add the functionality to something
like this rather than reinventing the wheel.

I'm not even suggesting adding it to the main distribution but perhaps
as a module or a fork. More than anything I was just wondering if there
might be any other interest in this?

David