[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Anthony Brohan <rocketman411 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Help with setting up Traffic shaping
 Date:  Sat, 18 Jan 2003 15:27:38 -0500
I, as many people probably are; am stumped with traffic shaping. I've
read the FAQ, and am using v.1.0. It is odd because the traffic is shaping.
The traffic shaping is a solution to let me be able to surf the web as
my ftp server/bittorrent is under a heavy load. This is my setup now
If      Proto       Source     Destination        Target
WAN <-   ALL          *              *            Pipe 3
WAN ->   TCP        *BTPORTS*   *BTPORTS*         Pipe 2
WAN ->   ALL          *              *            Pipe 1

My bandwidth is 408kbit down and 280 up
PIPES
No.    Bandwidth    Mask   Description
1        384 Kb     dest.    40% Down bandwidth
2        96 Kb      dest.    Bittorrent Download
3        56 Kb       src.    Upload

QUEUES
No.  Pipe   Weight  Mask  Description
1      1      100   dest.     Download
2      2      60    dest.     Bittorrent Download
3      3      10     src.      Upload

Now... when I turn on the shaper... while downloading a magical linux
distro the bandwidth drops to nothing and then climbs to a solid
176Kbit.. where it was going at 560kbit/s+ before and before the
internet worked smoother..
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the response
Anthony Brohan