[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  jordan dot elver at dsl dot pipex dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Losing connection
 Date:  Tue, 25 May 2004 10:43:09 +0100
Hi all,
I have a problem with my ADSL connection and I'm not sure if the problem lies
with monowall or with the modem/line. My monowall box has it's WAN interface
connected to an external Ethernet modem. The Ethernet modem connects via PPPoA
and the WAN interface is set to DHCP, which normally works. The problem is that
after a certain time of inactivity (during sleeping hour for example), the
connection becomes unresponsive and I have to restart either one or both of the
modem and monowall box.

I think that the modem is ok because when I had it connected directly to my
WinXP machine, it seemed to stay connected. But, I did not have it directly
connected for a long time.

I also have a lot of DHCP messages relating to the WAN interface in the logs.
I'm not at the machine at the moment, but it is messages to do with renewing the
DHCP lease.

Any ideas where the problem lies? This is vert frustrating.

Thanks in advance,
Jord